Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Systems Administrator II
Classification: Full-time; Exempt
Location: Headquarters: 3035 SW Topeka Blvd,
Topeka, Kansas 66611
Hours: 8:00am–5:00pm Monday-Friday; On call hours
To Apply: corefirst.agileats.com/careers
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administers Microsoft Windows Servers and associated hardware.
- Administers one or more of the following: VMWare servers, EMC SAN infrastructure, Microsoft Exchange, disaster recovery infrastructure, active directory/group policy administration, Microsoft SQL server.
- Monitors network and server capacity.
- Supports various software applications to ensure the highest quality of service to the department’s business partners.
- Monitors, plans, and coordinates the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
- Recommends new equipment and services to purchase and works with various vendors for procurement.
- Interfaces with software vendors to solve problems experienced with their software.
- Performs on-site and remote technical support. Provides emergency on-call support.
- Ensures backup and replication software is functioning and takes part in Disaster Recovery scenarios.
- Assists in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Creates and maintains sound technical documentation.
- Maintains excellent communication with IT management on all tasks and projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience: Two years of Microsoft Windows server administration and application support experience required.
Experience with: administering one or more of the following is required: VMWare, EMC SAN, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL server, and/or active directory/group policy administration.
Experience with: configuration and administration of Windows file servers.
Experience with: installation, configuration, and administration of enterprise hardware including rack mount and blade servers.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline strongly preferred. Relevant job experience may be substituted for degree.
- One or more MCTS certifications, or ability to achieve within 6 months of hire date, required.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust is required as this position is exposed to sensitive and confidential information which cannot be shared outside of the department. Diplomacy, courtesy, and tact are required.
Competencies: High level of skill in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies: Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work, in order to meet deadlines and maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Must be attentive to detail and a self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with internal and external customers.
- Ability to predict needs and problems before they arise, and trouble-shoot and problem solve appropriately.
- Strong intermediate to advanced Microsoft Suite skills are required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee sits at a computer for extended periods of time. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is negligible. It is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be needed.
Work Environment :
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and must submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst Bank & Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or genetics. It is the policy of CoreFirst Bank & Trust to comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning the employment of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, and to act in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), in every location in which CoreFirst has facilities. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, and any other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.