TITLE: Financial Analyst
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President- Chief Financial Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Reports financial status by preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecasts and reports. Provide analysis of operational data and efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Tracks financial status by monitoring variances from plan.
- Determines financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions.
- Prepares report showing prior, current and projected revenues and expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications and reports, eliminating duplications, coordinating information requirements.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analysis and recommendations.
- Assist in preparation of Bank budget.
- Provide assistance to representatives of assigned departments in the formulation of departmental budgets.
- Review and analyze branch accounting reports and cost accounting reports, identify trends and make recommendations.
- Prepares reports analyzing specific aspects of department structures, functions and operations procedures and recommends ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare reports analyzing operational data.
- Utilize various computer financial information systems in the preparation of analysis, evaluation and reports relating to assigned areas.
- Good time management skills; must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks and follow through in a timely manner.
- Must demonstrate effective oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and communication experience.
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access in order to create reports from various Bank systems.
EDUCATION: College degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Two years of experience in a financial institution.
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- Strong technical skills must be proficient in MS Excel and MS Access in order to create reports through the various Bank systems.
***The tasks listed in this position description are subject to change at the discretion of management. The incumbent is expected to take on other duties as requested or assigned by his/her supervisor.