(1) Work with Production Control department personnel to facilitate documentation and scheduling required for the effective completion of assigned projects. (2) Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information. (3) Coordinate, complete, file, and distribute all correspondence relative to production control functions. (4) Work with Department Manager to identify, compile and distribute accurate cutting lists. (5) Be in attendance during scheduled work hours on a daily basis, remaining flexible to organizational needs. (6) Work well with co-workers, subordinates, and management personnel on a daily basis.
(1) Qualified by reason of education or experience. (2) Minimum of one (1) year experience in a manufacturing position. (3) Working knowledge of scheduling procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Able to understand complex directions, instructions and other forms of specifications relative to assigned projects. Able to manage multiple priorities and respond to multiple demands in a timely and professional manner. Able to maintain high level of proficiency under pressure. Able to demonstrate appropriate communication skills needed to verify, question, and coordinate work-in-process. Able to assess the quality of own work and troubleshoot potential problems as necessary. Able to visualize a finished task and incorporate improvements to enhance productivity and the quality of the finished project. Able to work productively with all areas of the organization.
Accurate knowledge, understanding and efficient use of Microsoft Office and other applicable software. Accurate knowledge and understanding of company policies, procedures, programs, and guidelines. Accurate knowledge of and demonstrable skills in interpersonal communication and conflict management.
Demonstrates high degree of professional behavior and appearance, work ethic, attention to detail, honesty and reliability. Demonstrates ability to manage stress constructively and maintain a positive, even temperament during periods of frustration, ambiguity, and change.
Purchase, properly use, and maintain personal tools including but not limited to special pens, pencils, and appropriate office attire.
Properly use and maintain all equipment provided for the position including, but not limited to computer hardware and software, copiers, print machines, and assorted office equipment.
Possess and maintain physical strength, agility, stamina, and mobility to enable easy movement into and around shop and office facilities. Able to produce required quantity of quality work in challenging physical surroundings without injury to self or others. Able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on an occasional basis. Able to perform essential functions in varying positions involving extended periods of time spent sitting, standing, turning, bending, and stooping. Able to perform essential functions under variable working conditions including, but not limited to lighting, noise levels, work surfaces, ventilation, and temperature variations.
Communicates appropriate business-related information with and to all other areas, employees, and management. Is responsible for the performance of self regarding quality, accuracy, quantity and efficiency. Coordinates multiple projects to meet business needs. Schedules work flow to achieve maximum output. Works with departments, areas, and individuals to establish workable priorities. Notifies those affected of any changes in priorities or completion dates due to unscheduled projects of higher priority or urgency.
SOURCE OF SUPERVISION:
- Enthusiastically support and comply with all company policies, programs, procedures and/or guidelines during performance of all duties. Report observed instances of non-compliance to Department Manager.
- Demonstrate high tolerance level for ambiguity, stress and pressure. Maintain professional, positive, even temperament at all times. Maintain and promote positive working environment.
- Cooperate with all areas and employees to promote best interests of the company. Promote cooperation within and between areas, individuals and departments.
- Establish and communicate personal performance and improvement goals in support of departmental and organizational objectives. Monitor progress and measure results. Encourage and promote continuous personal development, skill attainment and optimal performance for self and others. Attend training as appropriate. Communicate results to Materials Manager.
- Coordinate, track and maintain documentation, drawings and all related documents. Establish and maintain master files for all production control related documentation. Prepare reports as requested.
- Set-up, input data and maintain all appropriate data bases. Update computer files as needed. Provide reports as needed.
- Perform all clerical support functions for purchasing and production control functions. Xerox and distribute reports, drawings and other documentation as needed.
- Attend meetings as needed. Interact with detailing, production, fabrication and project management.
- Encourage and actively seek ideas and suggestions on ways to increase productivity, reduce costs, minimize scrap and rework, increase safety, reduce handling time, improve throughput and enhance working conditions.
- Able and willing to work beyond standard, scheduled hours in response to unforeseen requirements. Maintain and demonstrate high degree of work ethic, honesty and ethical behavior. Plan ahead to ensure no lapse between productive periods.
- Report any abnormal conditions or situations immediately to the Department Manager.
- Perform all other duties as required.
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply: in person at
231 E. Ave A
Salina, KS. 67401
PKM Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be sure to mention you found this position on RadioWorksJobLink.com