- Education, Travel & Culture (ETC) is a non-profit organization providing inbound and outbound international exchange opportunities for over 400 high school students each year from over 15 different countries. Since 1998 ETC has maintained an outstanding reputation for providing personal attention and service throughout the entire process.
- Join our team and work with the most amazing students from around the world. We are looking for new Local Coordinators in the Topeka area.
- Local Coordinators (LC’s) work closely with exchange students, host families, and local high schools. LC’s are actively involved in the recruitment of volunteer host families for our international high school students for either a semester or a school year.
- LC’s keep in regular monthly contact with host families, students and schools, complete monthly contact forms, mediate conflicts between host family and student and help to find a resolution, plan activities for students every other month, assist both the student and host family with the adjustment process and monitor the students’ progress in school and provide assistance as necessary.
- LC’s earn $550-$1000 per student placed and this is paid out in increments during the time the student is in the U.S. This is an independent contractor position which enables you to work at home and within your own schedule. The Local Coordinator position is family-friendly, flexible, and even complements a busy schedule. LC’s work approximately 10-20 hours per week.
**We do NOT have full time positions. This position provides supplemental income ONLY**
If you have a sincere desire to promote global goodwill and understanding, believe in ETC’s mission and the philosophy of the Exchange Visitor Program then JOIN OUR TEAM!
*Recruiting background or willingness to seek/recruit volunteer host families for high school exchange students.
*Self-motivated, organized, well networked within community and have a flexible schedule.
*Value teens from around the world and appreciate the cultural enrichment they bring to our schools and communities.
*Ability to problem solve and support students and host families during the students’ program.
*Driver’s License and transportation.
*Must be willing to host a student on a temporary basis should an emergency arise.
LC’s will receive full training upon appointment and ongoing support from the local Field Manager. Visit www.edutrav.org for more information
Please submit your resume AND answer the following questions
1. This is a part-time/work from home, year round position. Have you ever worked from home or managed remote teams before? If so, please describe
2. This position is not hourly or salary and provides supplemental income only. Are you looking for contract work or supplemental income?
3. What is your recruiting/networking experience?
4. Do you have any experience working with international students or teens? If so, please describe
5. What motivated you to apply for this opportunity?
6. Can you pass a criminal background check?