Winner of 13 Kansas Association of Broadcasters Awards in 2016, Alpha Media Topeka is now accepting applications for a full-time, multi-media anchor and reporter.We’re looking for an over-achiever who excels at everything: writing, reporting, digital content, video/editing and a social media giant. We will train the most talented and qualified applicants but prefer someone with experience. You will need to be comfortable on-camera and understand the meaning of “live and local”.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media owns and operates 249 radio stations within 52 markets across the United States covering all formats.
- Meeting minimum daily story count
- Contributing original story ideas unique to both Kansas and the Topeka area
- Collaborating with anchors, producers, and the News Director on current events
- Monitoring other area news sources, websites, newspapers, TV, etc.
- Monitoring city council, county commissioner and court meetings, etc.
- Being available for breaking news
- Capturing pics/video when reporting; live reporting on social media sites
- Contributing to station’s website
- Anchoring newscasts
- Minimum of three years working in a medium to large market
- Minimum three years newswriting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in audio editing software and remote broadcast equipment
- Must be a team player and work well with management
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast-paced environment
This position requires a fully insured personal vehicle and valid driver’s license. If you meet these requirements, email a package to:
Include the following items in your package:
- Air checks
- Writing samples
You may also submit a package via snail mail to:
1210 SW Executive Drive
Topeka, Kansas 66604
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin or sex,in all personnel actions.