Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources Administrator
Classification: Full-time; Non-Exempt
Location: Headquarters: 3035 SW Topeka Blvd
Topeka, Kansas 66611
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday
To Apply: goo.gl/R9UyG7
The Human Resources Generalist assists the Human Resources (“HR”) department with administrative, clerical, and compliance tasks. This role also may take the lead on recruiting for non-exempt positions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
60% – Supports the Human Resources Administrator with recruitment and training needs. May be lead recruiter on non-exempt positions, as needed. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Posting job announcements to online job boards and various advertising channels
- Scheduling and attending career fairs and hiring events, as needed
- Screening job candidates, scheduling interviews, and conducting behavioral-based interviews
- Processing background screening and onboarding, including:
- Drug screening
- Criminal background checks
- Reference checks
- Social media reviews
- Forms I-9
- Assisting with Welcome Orientation, Company Orientation, and other training events
- Scheduling events and inviting attendees
- Preparing materials
- Recording attendance
- Serving as back up for Welcome Orientation
20%- Processes employee status changes. Creates and maintains personnel, medical, and benefits files for current and former Bank employees. Maintains job requisition files.
10% – Administers the Learning Management System, including scheduling training events, tracking attendance, maintaining roster records, and assisting with vendor management.
5%- Assists with various compliance processes, such as Affirmative Action, record retention and maintenance, and employment posters.
5% – Manages orders and reconciles accounts for the following:
- Name tags, business cards, name plates, and stamps
- Notary program
- Employee check orders
- Event tickets and giveaways
Plans, facilitates, and/or works within the budget of various Bank employee events, including, but not limited to: food days, retirement receptions, and holiday events.
- Develops professional relationships with Management that will foster clear communication and timely submission of required documentation.
- Ad hoc reporting or data mining to support various internal projects.
- Serves as backup to some payroll functions, as needed.
- Assists HR department with the following tasks:
- Distributing mail and supplies
- Notifying departments of customers and visitors
- Answering phone calls
- Maintaining department spreadsheets and logs, i.e. Disciplinary Action Log.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience and Education: One to three years Human Resources experience required. Four-year college degree in Human Resources or related field required.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, customer service, and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and outside the Bank for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, selling intangibles, or soliciting cooperation. A significant level of trust is required as this position is exposed to sensitive and confidential information which cannot be shared outside of the Department. Demonstrated ability to foster sound professional relationships with management is necessary.
Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Strong verbal and written communication skills, including strong spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills. Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Dependability is a must, due to the responsibilities of the position, which include being present for interview appointments and training preparation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of this position, but should not be considered comprehensive:
- Strong ability in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies: Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations
- Ability to write routine reports and business communications
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from candidates, employees, and management
- Ability to reconcile general ledger accounts
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Work must be completed with quality and accuracy
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and promote a positive attitude toward teamwork
- Ability to accept and respond to changes in the work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen to candidates and employees. Physical activities include a combination of constant sitting or standing and constant hand motion. These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
Travel and Work Environment
Travel is negligible, for purposes of attending recruiting events, visiting branch locations, or purchasing supplies. It is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be needed occasionally.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applications submitted by March 19, 2017 given first priority. Applicants must pass a drug screening and background check. Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and must submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst Bank & Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or genetics. It is the policy of CoreFirst Bank & Trust to comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning the employment of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, and to act in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), in every location in which CoreFirst has facilities. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, and any other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.