The Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit is seeking a full-time Psychiatric Mental Health Advanced Practice Provider (APP) (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) to work as a liaison between the ROSE Unit at Memorial Hospital and referral sources Memorial Health System serves.
These referral sources include nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospitals, and doctors’ offices. This person will provide on-going psychiatric evaluations and medication management for these referral sources. This person will also provide psychiatric assessments in the Memorial Health System pain clinic and provide coverage for the ROSE Unit Psychiatrist, when needed.
- The position will be full-time and travel will be required.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the medical programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., for the services.
- Must be knowledgeable of medical procedures as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing care facilities.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the patients served.
- Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant program leading to a Masters Degree and/or Meets the Advanced Nursing Practice or Physician’s Assistant requirements set forth by Kansas State Board of Nursing or the Kansas Board of Healing Arts.
- Must possess appropriate certification and degree from a United States Institution of Higher Education.
- Must be licensed to practice medicine in the State of Kansas prior to beginning employment.
Great Team Atmosphere
*Subsidized childcare available