Title: Commercial Banking Assistant
Reports To: Treasury Management and Business Banking Supervisors
Summary: Provide support to Business Bankers and Treasury Management staff in all markets by assisting customers with their treasury services and electronic banking needs. Function as first point of contact to provide customer service for customer inquiries. Services included but not limited to DDA, Remote Deposit, Positive Pay, ACH Positive Pay, ACH, Internet Banking, Cash Management, Payroll Cards, Merchant Card, VISA Credit Cards, Lockbox, Federated and CDARS.
Hours Vary: 7:30 am – 6:00pm Monday through Friday. Other hours as needed.
Classification: Full time, non-exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer, screen, and transfer inbound phone calls for the department.
- Monitor and notify/distribute incoming faxes and secure messages to Analysts as appropriate.
- Provide full customer service and support for all services sold within Treasury Management Department. Including enrollments and password resets.
- Maintain (and create, when necessary) electronic filing for all Treasury Management implementation documents for customers. This includes keeping all customer files current.
- Review checks deposited through Remote Deposit system for any adjustments.
- Manually post charges and other entries on an as needed basis.
- Prepare and complete signature cards and resolutions.
- Monitor account analysis to ensure accuracy in pricing and billing.
- Order checks, deposit slips and bank supplies for commercial customers.
- Provide customer research on check images, statements, discrepancies on statements, etc. and follow through until resolution is attained.
- Work with internal departments to ensure client needs are met and problems are resolved.
- Assist customers over the phone with questions and troubleshooting regarding Treasury Management services.
- Assist with temporary, permanent and annual ACH limit requests/reviews.
- Conduct all actions consistent with quality customer service, friendliness and the overall mission of the bank.
- Conduct all interactions with internal and external customers in accordance with The CoreFirst Way.
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional personality
- Customer Service experience
- Conflict resolution skills
- Listening, oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Detail oriented
- Goal oriented
- Time management skills
- Ability to relate and empathize with other people
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills required
- Ability to perform basic computer troubleshooting
- Banking or financial services industry experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Two years of customer service experience required.
- One year of administrative experience preferred.
- Exceptions may be made by management.
**The tasks listed in this position description are subject to change at the discretion of management. The incumbent is expected to take on other duties as requested or assigned by his/her supervisor.