Life Patterns, Inc. provides assistance with employee management and distribution of Medicaid funding for individuals with a disability. This position will require extensive computer duties along with telephone and in-person assistance to the person with a disability, family members, and the employees they hire.
The qualified candidate will have exemplary customer service skills, which would include the ability to work with the public in a courteous and professional manner; regular and timely attendance; the ability to work effectively with other staff; and excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
To be considered, applicants must have a minimum of High School Diploma or GED. The best-suited candidate will have work experience in an office environment and be proficient in the use of automated systems such as Microsoft Office and aptitude to learn new programs and applications, such as Authenticare (employee time-tracking system).
General skills needed:
- Skill in using office equipment and handling paperwork/filing adequately.
- Skill in handling incoming phone calls
- Skill in written and verbal communication
- Skill in gathering, interpreting, and reporting statistical information
- Skill in operating standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
General abilities needed:
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a small office
- Ability to interpret and understand Medicaid billing and reimbursement.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
The successful candidate will share our philosophy of inclusion for people with a disability which emphasizes opportunities of choice, person-centered planning, independence, integration, and inclusion into the community.
Scheduled Work Hours :
Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Associate