Job Title: Assistant Compliance Manager
Department: Loan Operations
Reports To: Director of Loan Operations and Compliance
Classification: Full-time; Exempt
Location: Headquarters: 3035 SW Topeka Blvd, Topeka, Kansas 66611
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday
To Apply: corefirst.agileats.com/careers
Assists Bank Compliance Officer in advocating and facilitating the development, implementation, communication, and maintenance of corporate-wide Compliance Risk Management (CRM). Responsible for all facets of the Line of Business compliance program to ensure full compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Actively engaged and readily available to work with Senior Management and Business Managers to revise or develop operating procedures to ensure compliance with updated or new regulatory requirements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Bank Compliance Officer with the overall management of the Bank’s Compliance Management System.
- Develops and maintains detailed knowledge about bank operations and products.
- Responsible for developing, strengthening, and implementing the various compliance programs in compliance with existing laws and regulations, including governance, policies and procedures, monitoring, reporting, communications, and education.
- Initiates and facilitates collaborative alliances with senior management, executive management, and corporate partners to ensure the compliance program is adequately managed.
- Assists in the development of strategic CRM goals and tactical and strategic planning systems.
- Identifies opportunities, establishes action plans, and drives solutions to continuously improve compliance program, and increase efficiency.
- Liaisons with regulators as appropriate.
- Maintains a cutting edge awareness of Bank goals, regulatory and legislative developments, and industry trends.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and leads special projects as assigned.
- Develops and reports findings to Senior Management regarding business lines (Compliance Committee, Legal, Audit, and Senior level Committees).
- Reviews and escalates compliance testing results.
- Contributes updates to the compliance risk assessment.
- Supports post-implementation validation based on risk rating.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Diplomacy, courtesy, and tact is required.
- Demonstrated ability to foster sound professional relationships with management is necessary.
- Ability to maintain professional composure in a dynamic work environment that often requires the management of multiple and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated willingness to be a contributing and engaged member of team by sharing knowledge, working towards common goals and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Capable of establishing effective work relationships with peers and credibility with superiors and customers.
- Establish, foster and maintain working relationships with peers and supervisory management within the Division, business lines and Information Technology support.
Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and analytical skills, including ability to interact effectively with customers, employees, and management are essential.
- The ability to plan and execute multiple projects and initiatives balancing department and organizational demands and resources is a must. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of this position, but should not be considered comprehensive:
- Strong ability in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies: Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management.
- Full adherence to CoreFirst Bank & Trust’s Values of Integrity, Teamwork and Collaboration, Respect and Inclusion, and Accountability required.
- Demonstrates proficiency sufficient to apply the use of software applications (Microsoft Office Suite) without assistance and minimal supervision.
- Able to understand and conceptualize basic statistical analysis and theories. Solid experience in manipulating (validating, correcting, reformatting, and transforming) data into more than one format, e.g. spreadsheets, flat files, databases, etc.
- Strong analytical skills required to gather, assess and present quantitative and qualitative data.
- Able to develop and support conclusions and make practical recommendations to the business lines. Ability to develop and implement controlled, systematic step-by-step processes based on guidance and procedures
- Ability to work independently and in a team to plan and accomplish a project or elements of a project (complexity of project scope to depend on seniority), identifying responsibilities, tasks, deadlines and pursuing their timely completion.
- Ability to work with a team, to identify and solve problems or resolve issues, including members from other units such as the Legal Department, Audit Department, or Business Units.
- Understanding of the Federal Reserve and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) examination standards and general regulatory issuances.
- Displays a positive business presence with management and external contacts.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment and apply logical and critical thought processes when developing and recommending solutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen to members and other employees. Physical activities include a combination of constant sitting, constant hand motion and occasional standing/walking. Extended viewing of a computer screen. These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
Travel is negligible. It is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must pass a drug screening and background check.
**Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and must submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst Bank & Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or genetics. It is the policy of CoreFirst Bank & Trust to comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning the employment of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, and to act in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), in every location in which CoreFirst has facilities. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, and any other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.