Did you know volunteering can be good for your health?
Volunteering at Salina Regional Health Center…
- Gives you the satisfaction of helping others and being appreciated for it.
- Assures you an enriching support network, as you team with dedicated healthcare professionals and fellow volunteers.
- Provides an opportunity to learn new skills or brush up on old ones.
- Lets you know you’re doing your part to promote a healthier community.
- Provides information and access to Health Center Wellness Programs and fitness facilities.
Volunteers come in all sizes, shapes, colors, and ages – and both sexes. They include retirees, students, and full-time employees. Some Volunteers serve weekly, some less – or more – frequently.
Volunteers are recognized by their colorful jackets, name pins, and friendly “let me help you” smiles! 275 Volunteers assist with services at the Health Center… people just like YOU who want to make their spare time share time. …People Who’ve Found Volunteering To Be A Healthy Habit!
Volunteer opportunities are available at both the Penn and Santa Fe Campuses of the Health Center.
Listed below are some of the Health Center’s Volunteer Service Programs. For complete information, please call Gayle Rose, Volunteer Director, at 785-452-7541 or Marsha Whitehair, Volunteer Representative, at 785-452-6159. You’ll be glad you did!
- Greet and direct Patients, visitors and telephone callers
- Assist families in our Surgery Waiting Area and our Intensive Care/Coronary Intensive Care Waiting Room
- Transport patients and materials within the hospital
- Deliver patient greetings and flowers
- Assist shoppers in our Gift Shop
- Help Staff with filing, computer entry, and other clerical tasks
- Assist with quarterly blood drives
- Relieve staff at the Morrison Guest House
- Provide leadership for Service Auxiliary projects and activities
- Assist with Rummage Sales, Holly Days and other Service Auxiliary special events
- And So Much More!